A metal bracket is a type of treatment used to help align teeth in orthodontic treatment. The bracket is adhered to the front surface of the tooth. It is also fixed with a thin elastic band by passing a thin wire through a hole in the bracket. The wire applies gentle pressure to the teeth, slowly bringing them to the desired position over time.
The metal brackets are made of high quality stainless steel and are strong and durable. It is the most common type of bracket used in orthodontic treatment and is typically less expensive than other types of brackets, such as ceramic or clear brackets.
How is Metal Bracket Braces Treatment Applied?
Attaching metal bracket braces is called bonding and is typically performed by an orthodontist. Before the bonding process begins, the orthodontist must carefully clean and dry the teeth to prepare them for the brackets.
Then the orthodontist will take the bracket and apply it to the front surface of each tooth with a special adhesive. The adhesive helps ensure that the bracket remains securely attached to the tooth throughout the treatment process.
After the adhesive is applied, the orthodontist will carefully place the bracket on the front surface of the tooth using a small hand tool called orthodontic pliers. There will be a small hole in the middle of the bracket and the orthodontist will use pliers to carefully thread a thin wire through the hole and secure it with a small elastic band.
The orthodontist will repeat this process for each tooth that needs to be treated until all the brackets are in place. The bonding process typically takes 30-60 minutes to complete.
After the metal bracket brackets are attached to the teeth, the orthodontist will adjust the wire as needed to apply the right amount of pressure to bring the teeth into the desired position. The orthodontic treatment process typically takes several months to a year, and the brackets are removed when the teeth are properly aligned.
To Whom Is Metal Bracket Braces Treatment Applied?
Metal bracket braces are a type of orthodontic treatment that is used to align the teeth and improve the appearance of the smile. They are typically recommended for individuals who have misaligned, crooked, or crowded teeth, or who have a bite that is not properly aligned (such as an overbite or an underbite).
Metal bracket braces are commonly used to treat a variety of orthodontic conditions, including:
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Gaps between the teeth
- Overbite (when the upper teeth overlap the lower teeth)
- Underbite (when the lower teeth overlap the upper teeth)
- Crossbite (when the upper and lower teeth do not align properly)
Metal bracket braces are a highly effective way to align the teeth and improve the appearance of the smile, and they are typically recommended for individuals of all ages who have orthodontic conditions that can be treated with braces. The orthodontist will carefully evaluate the patient’s dental health and medical history to determine if metal bracket braces are the best course of treatment for their needs.
What are the Advantages of Metal Bracket Braces Treatment?
There are several advantages to using metal bracket braces as a treatment for misaligned, crooked, or crowded teeth. Some of the key benefits of this type of treatment include;
- Metal bracket braces are strong and durable, and they are able to withstand the forces that are applied to the teeth during treatment. This makes them a reliable and effective way to align the teeth.
- Metal bracket braces are relatively inexpensive, compared to other types of orthodontic treatments such as clear braces or Invisalign.
- Metal bracket braces are easy to clean and maintain, and they do not require any special care or attention. Patients can brush and floss their teeth as usual, and the brackets and wires can be easily cleaned with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Metal bracket braces are highly visible, which makes them a good option for patients who want to show off their orthodontic treatment. Many people view metal braces as a sign of “braces pride,” and some patients even enjoy decorating their brackets with colorful elastic bands.
- Metal bracket braces are effective at aligning the teeth, and they can produce dramatic improvements in the appearance of the smile. With proper care and maintenance, metal bracket braces can help to straighten the teeth and improve the bite, resulting in a healthier, more attractive smile.
Overall, metal bracket braces are a reliable, cost-effective, and effective way to align the teeth and improve the appearance of the smile. They are a popular choice for orthodontic treatment, and they have been successfully used to treat a wide range of orthodontic conditions.